We are NOBULL International Limited ("NOBULL", “we”, “our”, and “us”), the UK operator of the international NOBULL brand owned by NOBULL, LLC based in the U.S.
"personal information" as used in this Policy means information that can be used to identify you, directly or indirectly, alone or together with other information. The processing of personal data in the UK is governed by the UK General Data Protection Regulation (“UK GDPR”) and similar data privacy laws apply to any customers in the European Economic Area ("EEA"). These laws require us to provide certain information regarding our processing of your personal information, details of which are set out further in this Policy.
All categories of personal information collected and processed by us are described in this Policy.
WHO CONTROLS MY DATA AT NOBULL?
NOBULL International Limited is the controller of your information, and is responsible for your information. If you need it, our company number is 11523485 and our registered office is 5 The Green, Richmond, United Kingdom, TW9 1PL.
If you have any questions about this Policy, including any requests to exercise your legal rights (as set out in the section below), please contact us using the details set out below - two of the fundamental rights to be aware of are that:
you may ask us to stop using your personal information for direct-marketing purposes. If you exercise this right, we will stop using your personal information for this purpose; and
you may ask us to consider any valid objections which you have to our use of your personal information where we process your personal information on the basis of our, or another person's, legitimate interest.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES NOBULL COLLECT FROM ME?
We collect certain information from you when you share that information with us, when you use our Website, attend our events, visit our stores, communicate with us such as by e-mail, phone call or text message, interact with us through social media, and when you purchase our products from us.
We may also receive information about you from third parties such as marketing agencies, market research companies, our service providers, contractors, and group companies which we refer to as "service providers" or "suppliers" throughout this Policy.
Information about you:
- We, or third parties on our behalf, may collect and use the following information about you:
- your name including your title;
- your company name;
- your physical address;
- your hometown;
- your telephone number;
- your email address:
- your birthday;
- your gender;
- information provided when you correspond with us or our third party service providers; and
- any updates to information provided to us.
- If you create an account with us, we also collect your login and account information, including your username and password.
- When you purchase products from us, we will additionally collect your order details, billing address and shipping information.
- We, or third parties on our behalf, may collect information about your personal preferences including marketing and cookie preferences.
We partner with Google Analytics to provide insight into our Website, and to improve the relevance of advertisements you receive. Google Analytics’ terms are available here: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html. We also partner with email service providers and marketing partners to better understand your interactions with our website and communications in order to personalise our marketing communications to you and to improve and optimise our website. Please see our Cookies Policy for further information.
Website Visit Information
We also collect certain types of technical information whenever you visit our Website. By this, we mean your IP address, device information, unique identifiers, and browser information. We use this information to administer our Website, to measure the efficiency of our systems and to undertake an analysis on the locations from which people access our webpages.
Aggregate Information is information that does not identify you in any way. Aggregate Information may be collected when you visit our website, independent of any information you voluntarily enter. Additionally, we may use one or more processes to de-identify information that contains personal information, such that only Aggregate Information remains. We may collect, use, store, and transfer Aggregate Information without restriction.
WHAT DOES NOBULL DO WITH THE INFORMATION IT COLLECTS?
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we have collected it, or the purposes set out in this Policy, unless you consent otherwise. We will not disclose your personal information to third parties other than as described in this Policy, unless you give us consent to do so. We do not sell or lease your information to third-parties.
NOBULL’s use of your personal information:
We will collect, use and store your personal information for the following reasons:
- to allow you to access, use and place orders on our Website;
- to facilitate deliveries of products to you;
- to deal with any enquiries or issues you have about our company and our products;
- for improvement and maintenance of our Website and to provide technical support for our website;
- to ensure the security of our Website;
- to send you certain communications (including by email, post, or SMS text message) about our products such as administrative messages (for example, setting out changes to our terms and conditions and keeping you informed about our fees and charges);
- for business development and marketing purposes, to contact you (including by email, post, or SMS text message) with information about our company or our products which either you request, or which we feel will be of interest to you (including newsletters, updates, events, initiatives and promotions);
- to recognise you when you return to our Website, to store information about your preferences, and to allow us to customise the Website according to your individual interests;
- to evaluate your visit to the Website and prepare reports or compile statistics to understand the type of people who use our Website, how they use our Website and to make our Website more intuitive. Such details will be anonymised as far as reasonably possible and you will not be identifiable from the information collected; and
- to develop paid media advertising strategies.
NOBULL’s sharing of personal information:
We may share your personal information with our parent company based in the US, NOBULL, LLC, where it is in our legitimate interests to do so for internal administrative purposes (for example, for corporate strategy, compliance, auditing and monitoring, research and development and quality assurance).
We will share your personal information with the following third parties or categories of third parties:
- Global-e U.K. Limited, who you contract with for orders of products for delivery outside of the UK, which information includes: full name, full home address (and full billing address if different), phone number, and email address. For details on Global-e U.K Limited's privacy practices, and how they handle and process your personal data, please see here.
- our service providers to assist us with operating our Website, selling our products, and our technical support;
- our service providers and contractors to assist with fulfilling and delivering orders;
- companies that assist in our marketing, advertising and promotional activities;
- analytics and search engine providers, such as Google Analytics, that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website;
- our payment processers, such as Shopify and Klarna, to process credit and debit card transactions completed through our website; and
- our marketing partners, such as Klaviyo for the purposes of sending personalised emails;
Please note that we require our service providers to treat your personal information in a manner that is consistent with this Policy and that our service providers may change from time to time. If you would like specific information about our service providers who have received your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com and we will provide that information to you.
Legal and Law Enforcement Requests:
We may disclose, at our sole discretion, your personal information as required by law, or to comply with any lawful request from government or law enforcement officials and as may be required to meet national security or law enforcement requirements or prevent illegal activity.
Other Uses and Disclosures:
We may also share and disclose your personal Information: (i) to investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; (ii) in connection with the sale, purchase, merger, reorganisation, liquidation or dissolution of NOBULL; (iii) when we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of NOBULL or other persons; or (iv) as otherwise required or permitted by law, including any contractual obligations of NOBULL.
WHAT IS NOBULL'S LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may process your personal information on a number of bases permitted by the UK GDPR and applicable laws as set out in this Policy. In general, we process personal information on the following legal grounds:
- Providing our products to you or performing a contract we have with you: In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligation to deliver products you order from us. For example, if you buy our products through our Website, we need your name and contact details so that we can communicate with you and deliver the products to you.
- When the processing is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interest of others (for example, to ensure the security of our website). Our legitimate interests are to:
- run, grow and develop our business (as well as the business of our parent company, NOBULL, LLC);
- operate our Website;
- communicate marketing information about our company and our commercial products, events, and company initiatives where we are not relying on consent;
- carry out market research and business development;
- improve our Website content and functionality;
- place, track and ensure fulfilment of orders with our suppliers;
- for internal group administrative purposes; and
- to develop paid media advertising strategies.
We take into account any risks to your fundamental rights and freedoms in assessing these purposes (including your right to privacy).
- When the processing is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations; and
- When you give us the consent (which you may withdraw at any time after giving it, as described below) to process your personal information such as for marketing purposes.
If we rely on your consent for us to use your personal information in a particular way, but you later change your mind, you may withdraw your consent by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will stop doing so. However, if you withdraw your consent, this may impact the ability for us to be able to provide our products and associated services to you.
WHAT RIGHTS DO I HAVE IN RELATION TO MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- Right of access: You have a right of access to any personal information we hold about you. You can ask us for a copy of your personal information; confirmation as to whether your personal information is being used by us; details about how and why it is being used; and details of the safeguards which are in place if we transfer your information outside of the United Kingdom or the EEA.
- Right to update your information: You have a right to request an update to any of your personal information which is out of date or incorrect.
- Right to delete, restrict, or object to the use of your information: You have the right to request that we restrict or delete your personal data, and to object to our processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. Your rights may be subject to various limitations under applicable privacy laws.
- Right to stop marketing: You have a right to ask us to stop using your personal information for direct marketing purposes. If you exercise this right, we will stop using your personal information for this purpose.
- Right to data portability: You have a right to ask us to provide your personal information to a third party provider of services. This right only applies where we use your personal information on the basis of your consent or performance of a contract; and where our use of your information is carried out by automated means.
- Right to object. You have a right to ask us to consider any valid objections which you have to our use of your personal information where we process your personal information on the basis of our or another person's legitimate interest.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, you can do so by contacting us at email@example.com. However, note that certain personal information may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances, for example we will not delete information that we are required to retain in order to comply with applicable laws and regulations, or that we are required to retain in order to complete transactions with you.
We will consider all such requests and provide our response within a reasonable period (and in any event within one month of your request unless we tell you we are entitled to a longer period under applicable law). We may require you to provide certain information to verify that it is you before responding to any request you make.
HOW CAN I STOP RECEIVING MARKETING MESSAGES FROM NOBULL?
We will always obtain your consent to direct marketing communications where we are required to do so by law.
If you opt-in on our Website, or opt-in when you purchase our products, we may send you newsletters and other messages, including marketing emails, SMS text messages, and other communications about our products, and to alert you to relevant advertisements and other opportunities.
You can withdraw your consent or manage your preferences at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our marketing emails, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by unsubscribing through the Manage Preferences link.
HOW LONG WILL NOBULL STORE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
We will retain your personal information so long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, and delete personal data after it is no longer needed for these purposes. This does not affect your right to request that we delete your personal data before the end of its retention period. We may archive personal data (which means storing it in inactive files) for a certain period of time prior to its final deletion, as part of our ordinary business continuity procedures.
COOKIES AND ANALYTICS
DOES NOBULL COLLECT PAYMENT CARD INFORMATION THROUGH ITS WEBSITE?
DOES NOBULL TRACK MY ACTIVITY ACROSS OTHER WEBSITES?
When you visit our Website, we automatically collect the name of the website you visited from (called the “referring page”) and the name of the website you chose to visit immediately after ours (called the “exit page”), and information about other websites you have recently visited. Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser. When our website detects a Do Not Track signal from your browser, it will still collect referring and exit page information and other information when you visit our website.
CAN CHILDREN USE NOBULL’S WEBSITE?
Our Website is not directed at children under 18, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information or other information from children under 18. If you are the parent of a child under the age of 18, and you believe he or she has shared information with us, please contact us at email@example.com so we can remove their information from our systems.
Transfers of personal data outside of the UK and EEA
We may share your personal information with our parent company, NOBULL, LLC in the US for administrative purposes.
When we provide any personal information about you to any non-UK or non-EEA members of our group or service providers, we take appropriate steps (which will depend on whether you are a UK or EEA based customer) to protect your privacy and implement reasonable security measures to protect your personal data. These measures may include the following:
- ensuring that there is an adequacy decision by the UK Government in the case of transfers out of the UK, or by the European Commission in the case of transfers out of the EEA, which means that the recipient country is deemed to provide adequate protection for such personal data; or
- ensuring that appropriate safeguards are in place, e.g. by entering into regulation mandated contracts with our data processors that require them to treat personal data in a manner that is consistent with this Policy. Please use our contact details below if you would like to receive a copy of the safeguards we have in place.
WHAT IF I FOLLOW A LINK TO A THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE?
Our Website and our social media posts may contain links to third-party websites. Those websites are governed by their own privacy and data use practices and policies. We do not have control over the privacy practices of the advertisers or other third-parties operating these websites, and we have no control over how these third parties collect or use the information you chose to share with them.
HOW DOES NOBULL PROTECT MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We take the security of your personal information very seriously. We use reasonable administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to secure the personal information you share with us. Despite these safeguards and our additional efforts to secure your information, we cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorised third-parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your personal information.
Each time you use our website the current version of this Policy will apply. This Policy may be amended from time to time for any reason, and we will post a new Policy on this page as indicated by the “last updated” date below. You should consult this Policy regularly for any changes, and, where appropriate, we may also notify changes to you by email.
HOW DO I CONTACT NOBULL?
If you have any queries or complaints about our collection, use or storage of your personal information, or if you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office at https://ico.org.uk/, or the data protection regulator in the country where you usually live or work, or where an alleged infringement of applicable data protection laws has taken place.
Last updated: 12 April 2023